Thursday, January 24, 2008

Love Letters

For the in class assignment I chose to illustrate the word gimme gimme, I thought the playful nature of the word worked well with the cursive letter forms I had chosen. I experimented with various forms, and color palettes. I chose to highlight the ME in GIMME GIMME in order to emphasize the selfish, greedy nature of the word. Ultimately I thought this word form looked best in a repetitive pattern. I also thought the design would make a great tongue in cheek logo for a clothing company and decided to present it on a t-shirt.







The next step in the project was to create a pixel font inspired by our wordform. I had a bit of a hard time trying to resolve the smooth curves in the angular format of pixel fonts. Ultimately i chose to emphasize a sense of play in the proportions and through the use of exagerated ascenders and descenders.
Here's is the process:









No comments: